Monday, February 14, 2011

"Imagine how good you feel, when it's all done!"

It's all done! The last three weeks were crazy, busy and productive. I had a good working schedule and I managed to finish everything in time, what makes me really proud. It's the first time, that I actually think I did a good job with concept, ideas and time management. Sure, there are a lot of things to learn still, but it came out a lot better this time, than before.
I was very stressed through this time, so I'm glad it's over, and a nice sunday trip to the sea with my boyfriend was just what I needed and gave me back a lot of energy! (I was standing barefoot in the sea and it was freaking cold but awesome!) Thanks for taking me there! <3

I still have some revisions to do and I plan on finishing them as quick as possible, but I got all my grades for this block and they were pretty satisfying for me :)

Here I show all my final results, starting with some small assignments for illustration class.

The first two Illustrations were for an article about people who use street language to have a secret way to communicate without everyone knowing what they are talking about (especially not the police), so in the first picture I tried to show the language as a wall between people who feel the urge to use a secret language and "normal" people. It's drawn with watercolor and color pencils.



For this illustration we had more time and my idea was to show the difference between street-language people and normal people. I wanted the words to be the silhuettes of the people, the difference between the languages are shown in reading direction and color. The use of color can be improved, so the illustration can talk more clearly.


This poster, I already showed before here, is a poster for a fictional book festival for kids.

Here are some pictigrams I made for the enhancement of communication between parents and their autistic children (It's about PDD NOS, a form of autism).
The pictograms show daily routines. They shall help the kids to make a connection between the order to do something and the reference to themselves. I decided to leave them in grayscale, so the parents can color them in with their children, to make the pictures more personal.




In my last blogpost, I already showed sketches of the book assignment we had to do.
This is what came out in the end. They are colored with polychromos color pencils and I edited little details in color and lines in photoshop.
Nevertheless, I decided to make the final version black and white, because it fitted better to my concept to make a 70s style detective novel book layout. It is printed on yellowish Kasakapaper on my own printer and because of it's absorbance of color, the pictures integrate in the layout very nice and like I pictured it.



some of my original colored drawings








ready printed book in black and white on Kasaka and Dummy paper


Drawing Class Assignment "A letter to a friend"
The wallpapers I designed are a letter to myself to bring the monsters (in my head) to a purpose, show their mass and force them into an order.
I wanted the design to be harmonic and remind a bit of old Bierdermeier Wallpaper.
The wallpapers are not printed in original size because of my budget, but who knows, maybe someday I win the lottery and my wallpaper goes into production. :)
In the end I screen-printed two of my monsters, to learn the technique of screen printing in different color layers. Screen print is a good technique to work graphical and neat but also experiment with the effect of color and different layers.

Wallpaper Designs




Wallpaper Details


Monster Screenprints
Finally - an end for this time! I'm proud of what I've accomplished and I thank all my friends who didn't go crazy over my unsocial behaviour, moodiness and tiredness. Thanks for being so patient with me! <3

At this point I have some ideas for new projects, drawings, illustrations, stuff I wanna get better in and also working for my studys will change a bit because we do projectwork now.
I'll show new stuff as soon as I produced something nice, so have a look from time to time! :)

*If you want to have a screen print of one of my monsters, leave a comment below and I'll contact you :)

2 comments:

  1. Es ist ein jahr her dass du hier was gepostet hast, es wird höchste Zeit für Neues!! kuss

    ReplyDelete