Saturday, October 2, 2010

"Be able to draw an illustration at least well enough to get your point across to another person." - Marilyn vos Savant

Today at work, I was using my free time to read a lot about using aquarellcolors and understand birds. I have some art books where they explain how to use aquarell properly, but i'm still not convinced. For me it always looks like housewife hobby painting... but okay I want to learn how to master those colors and use them for my works, so they will look cool and do what I want!
My bird studys were often interrupted by customers (problem with drawing at work) but it was a start to see how birds are build, why they move how they do and how you draw them in a balance so the won't look like they fall over :p
Also had some new ideas, based on the big bird skeleton - they look really cool without skin!
Tonight I won't draw, drink a beer instead (or two) and tomorrow I'll work on my Illustration assignment, develop a proper concept^^
Prost! :)

Strange bird with no equilibrium

Cute bird skeleton - I wanna do something with this one.

Flying studys

No comments:

Post a Comment