Saturday, October 16, 2010

"One must always draw, draw with the eyes, when one cannot draw with a pencil." - Balthus

Fabrics, hair, proper faces, posture etc. can all be found at work in knitwear catalogues :p
Had some time, to draw today and study knitted fabrics and especially hair. I used to draw hair either as a helmet or as spaghetti, hanging from the head. Now that I practice more, hair becomes one of my favorite things to do. It's soooo pretty (stupid girlish smile)! Will search a hairdresser's magazine and go deeper into hairstudys.
Don't know what I've learnt today - maybe that the brain works better, when you eat during work... I have some issues preparing food for work, so I don't die of starvation during the day. Have to work on that as well.
Oh, I also studied noses today - only looking at them, but working in a shop is like going to a great nose exhibition :p Unfortunately, I can't ask the customers to stay a bit longer, because I wanna draw their noses... But I'll stay tuned on the nose front - it's a gold mine for character design.

No comments:

Post a Comment