Sunday, October 3, 2010

"May the force be with you" - Yoda

Today was a poor day. Did not work much, but sometimes you have to take a day off to get new energy - or so...
Spend the night sorting my aquarelle colors, making a test sheet to see how the colors look like, preparing paper and trying landscape paintings. I can now report: It still isn't my cup of tea!
Those colors are driving me crazy. They are either too wet or too dry, too light or too dark, merging too much or totally not and more nice stuff like that. I bought really nice brushes, but apparently they still are not good enough. (Hope santa will bring me some marten hair brushes of any size :) Anyways - I really wanna be friends with those colors, found some really nice examples how to use them and I want to use them! So I'll practice until my fingers bleed! :p
Mustn't forget my school assignment - already behind the time! But in dutch you say: Het komt alles maar goed! Let's hope for that!

Colors sorted in warm and cold colors, like i read it in my aquarelle book. What a model student I am...


My 70s color palette - leftover from my mother's aquarellebox


First try - aaaargh!

second try - still aaaaaaarrgghhhhh!!!

2 comments:

  1. mir gefällt der first try - bekomm ich den signiert zu weihnachten? =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ehhhrm - klar - sonst benutze ichs für farbtests. gut dass dus angemeldet hast^^

    ReplyDelete