Thursday, October 14, 2010

"You know, if one paints someone's portrait, one should not know him if possible." - Otto Dix

Self-portaying is TORTURE!!! I need to get to know my face for one of my assignments, so I can draw it... So, what do you do? Mirror on the desk and start... I can tell you - seeing yourself everyday in the mirror - brushing teeth, doing make-up, getting dressed or whatever people do in front of a mirror - does not help knowing your face! Being gentle while drawing yourself does not help your drawing! It's horror! I came to notice, that my face is totally medium with everything. Nothing that sticks out to make it recognizable! Aargh!
Here my try outs - I don't want to give it another name...
Oh yeah - I look grumpy because, smiling bright during the time i capture my face on the paper, did hurt after a while - so now I look grumpy...

1 comment:

  1. dritteres ist mein favorit. don't give up girl :)
    wenn ich einen spiegel finde, versuch ich das jetzt auch :D

    ReplyDelete